Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sugar and Spice

My neighbours have two of the most adorable kiddies. Three-year-old Kate is growing up to be a very pretty, bi-lingual, mischievous tom-boy who has a kind heart and no qualms about sharing with others.

Her younger brother took an immediate fancy to my cat, although I’m not sure the feeling is mutual. True to the differing natures of girls and boys, once shown how to be gentle with Pepper, Kate immediately followed my example. Joseph, however, fixated on the body part that was presented in his face, and gave a sharp tug on Pepper’s tail.

Joseph has subsequently added a new word to his vocabulary; in fact apart from agua (while pointing at Pepper’s water bowl) it’s the only word I’ve heard him say: “meow-meow.” Although to be honest, it comes out more like bow-wow so he may be a little confused. It’s quite a common (and endearing) occurrence to hear the waddle-stomp of a 18-month-old who, with little nose and hands pressed against my patio door, hopes for a glimpse of the kitty, “bow-wow”-ing all the while.

2 comments:

Southern Kiwi said...

I think it was a random blog search. I found one on photography and you'd posted a comment on it. Thanks for the feedback - and I'll certainly be reading yours.

42 said...

Pulling cat tails to Pig tails, oh to be young once more...