Thursday, September 8, 2011

Rugby World Cup 2011

Image courtesy of rugbyworldcup.com

The Rugby World Cup is gearing up for a fantastic opening ceremony, with the first match being between the All Blacks (NZ) and Tonga at 8:30pm Friday 9 Sep NZT (2:30am Friday EST).  It's nigh on impossible to get coverage here in the US, especially if you don't have TV and you're trying to stream it free of charge...  So I've been listening to my favourite Kiwi radio chat show, NewstalkZB (that's ZedBee, not ZeeBee) and caught a gem this evening:

Little Jane was in class one day, listening while her Australian teacher was telling the children about the Rugby World Cup.  Each student was telling which team they were supporting and finally it was Little Jane's turn.

"I like the All Blacks," she said.
"Why do you like them?" asked her teacher. "The Wallabies are much better."
"My Dad likes the All Blacks, my Mum likes the All Blacks, so I like the All Blacks," said Jane.
"That's silly!" said the teacher.  "You shouldn't do something just because other people are doing it.  If your dad was a moron and your mum was a moron, what would that make you?"
Little Jane said with a grin, "A Wallabies supporter!"

~ ~ ~

I also heard a guy call in with a website that promises free streaming (click HERE) and it looks promising to me.  I guess I'll find out in about 4.5 hours, or even sooner if it broadcasts the opening ceremony also.

In the words of Tana Umaga; BRING IT!

No comments: