Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I'm a Christian, I'm a Mormon

In light of recent news items where people who don't know anything about my faith are telling me what I believe, I would like to clarify my belief in and love for Jesus Christ.

I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I believe in Jesus Christ; He is my Lord and my Saviour.  He is the Only Begotten Son of God, who is the Heavenly Father of us all.

At times I call myself a 'Mormon', which is a nickname given me by those not of my faith.  I am a Christian.  I follow the teachings of the same Jesus Christ those who call me 'Mormon' do.

I revere but do not worship the prophet Mormon; the same is true for other Christian prophets such as Peter, James and John of the New Testament; Adam, Moses, Abraham, Isaiah of the Old Testament; Joseph Smith, Brigham Young and the current prophet and mouthpiece of the Lord: Thomas S. Monson.

For more information on The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, please visit www.mormon.org or www.lds.org.  The more information you have, the better you are able to make your own decision instead of relying on the words of those who know little about my faith.

2 comments:

Stan's Stuff said...

It is amusing to me when someone who knows very little about Mormons and what they believe, wants to tell me, a Mormon, what I am and what I believe.

Southern Kiwi said...

That and they don't believe you when you tell them what you, as a Mormon, believe! Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Stan.